Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My Spidey Sense is Tingling.

Something bad is happening. I learned that Topher Grace is supposed to be Eddie Brock/Venom (yeah, I know I'm a little late), and now I'm afraid. How is another scrawny little nerd-boy supposed to be Spider-Man's opposite? I read a couple articles, and a few reviews and it appears that they made Brock/Venom into Spider-Man with a dark suit - nerdy photographer rival with a crush on the same girl(s) - THAT'S LAME!! Venom represented the irresponsibility and live in the moment attitude that Spidey rejected, consequently the alien symbiote found a host that was the opposite of Parker - athletic, not so bright, and more self-centered. Then I read Evan's blog (Shade and Sweet Water) and he said they all turn into a bunch of cry-babies. That's great. I'm gonna take my wife to see the movie Saturday, she's gonna tell me it was a great story about people and I'm gonna be mad that they turned my summer action blockbuster into a chick flick. The special effects (and Kirsten's legs) better be awesome.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, whenever I saw Dunst's legs all I could think about were how veiny they looked--girl needs some sun-lovin.'

Eddie Brock, via Topher, was much more a skeevy sleezy dirtbag (ahem, crybaby emo dirtbag) than athletic cruel scuzbucket like he should be.

Sometimes the effects were great, though. And then sometimes...

Well, just make sure you have a violent video game queued up and ready to go when you get home. Burnout got me through.

5/09/2007 4:10 PM  
Blogger Wolfman said...

The storylines felt rushed. Sandman was introduced, given powers, allowed to rampage, given his moments of reflection, repentance and forgiveness, and finally sauntered off toward the sunset all in just a couple of hours. We've been watching the developement of "New Goblin" (another peeve) for three movies and his ending felt rushed too.

So if I got to do the re-write, here's what needs changing;
Replace Topher.
Parker doesn't dance - touch, kiss, and drive MJ to jealous distraction then leave the scene.
Add a spidey-sense scene - Spidey dancing outside of Sandman's "slow-mo" reach when... SLAM, Venom comes in full speed - TA DA! He's immune to Spidey-Sense.
Replace Sandman's emo "I know you can't forgive me" scene with an angry "I didn't do it, it was an accident" shouting match - then leave Spidey to figure out how to follow Aunt May's advice while there's an unrepentant evil-doer out there.
Drop the fake incineration of Brock/Venom. You know he'll be back, and now because of the blast Brock will be unable to survive without the symbiote... and the chip on his shoulder is bigger than ever.
Finally, Spidey is supposed to wrestle with the Friend/Enemy conundrum of HOBGOBLIN forever. Harry lives, only to see Spider-Man take all the credit for saving MJ and the city - next time he's going to have to humble Parker a little more.

And you're so right about the legs.

5/17/2007 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for grat games try Shadowrun for the 360 and vista. there are rumors that it will play on XP but you can not go online but you should be able to lan it with other Xp users

stan

6/03/2007 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home