Friday, October 27, 2006

Opening Boxes

So I finally got around to trying out Pandora like Chris suggested months ago. It's amazing! I finally found a way to get Gorillaz, The Tractors, and KT Tunstall in one place. My own eclectic/bizarre/freakish mix can be found here.

Today my boss came to my office for a little chat. It seems he's in over his head on a particular project and was lamenting the lack of "tools" provided by our corporate clowns. I shook my head, thinking about the standardized safety manual we received a couple months ago (the one that he said was more of a suggestion), and told him the same thing I tell all the noobs who start to feel overwhelmed. "Company policy is: We let you do it wrong, Tell you how wrong you were, Then tell you how to do it right." I might feel sorry for the guy, if I didn't know he was wasting all his time making highly detailed maps that show the exact same thing as the printed flyer; and for twice the money I'm making (or more).

On a related note, I think I've finally decided what I want to be when I grow up; A high school History teacher. I love to read, tell stories, be around teen-agers, having summer off is a huge benefit, the pay starts at about what I make now, and I'd have the same quasi-autonomy in a classroom that I enjoyed while driving. Next week I'm going out to the Butte campus to fill out a BOGWaiver and get a winter schedule. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

Right on...going back to school can be scary and hard but it is probably the best choice I have ever made..congrats!!

Chrissy

10/29/2006 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I dated a girl named Pandora once, I never saw her box though."

11/02/2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck, bro! I think you're setting out on a great path.

We miss you at Superheroes

and Sierra, THAT is hilarious

11/05/2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

i finally meandered over here to check out your pandora mix and i have to say you just went up a bit more in my geek-brotherhood estimation! the third or so song on your channel was "Aeris' Theme" from FFVII and theres just NO WAY that it was an accident! well done fellow nerd!

11/07/2006 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home