Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hush Money

So there I was, noisily protesting the improprieties and misbehavior of my employer (frequently contemplating terrific ways to wreak havoc on their beloved workplace) when out of nowhere they decide to fulfill my cash desires. Now what am I supposed to do? I had wonderful "pranks" planned (wouldn't it be hilarious if someone took a company vehicle and parked it on the next block so that the next morning everyone was sure that it had been stolen?!?!), I was gathering associates (so I could make an association, of course) and was prepared to invest large amounts of personal time To The OVERTHROW... I mean, to the improvement, of my workplace. But, no. They have to come to me all, "your position has so much responsibility", and "we thought it was the right thing to do" and gave me a 29%, (yes, I checked their math to be sure) Twenty-Nine Percent, raise. I have been reduced from openly calling my managers deplorable beaurocrats to merely mumbling my criticisms to select friends. I know they had no idea what I was planning (Long Live Transit WAR!), but their timing is impeccable... Bastards.
Tomorrows paycheck is going to be fat, and in return, I have to play nice again. Those are the rules when someone gives you hush money.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

bwa-ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! they are trying buy your SOUL!!!!

7/20/2006 6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tisk tisk tisk

somewhere stan is crying.




lltw


s

7/24/2006 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home