Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sore Losers

I'm not a fan... well, not a fanatic anyway. I only watch sports when something big is on the line, Olympic Gold, World Series, or (you guessed it!) The Superbowl. So I found out who was in the conference Championships last night, but not being fanactic I just caught the tail-end of the Steelers-Broncos game and then changed channels to watch the Panthers-Seahawks. As the Carolina players trotted onto the field (with no fireworks or fancy displays since they were visiting) I could hear the crowd Booing!
I Hate Booing. Where is the sportsmanship? Those players comprise one of the four best teams in the league, they come to play in your fair city and you're so afraid they're gonna kick the crap outta your home team that you already wanna take your ball and go home?!? Sissies. Crybabies. Sore Losers! Oh, wait... the Seahawks soared to victory (pun intended). If the fanatics accept victory as graciously as they accept defeat then I'd hate to be around them for the next two weeks.
Maybe I should've waited for the Superbowl after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger artisticeinstein said...

Hey man...whatever happened to being a real fanatic? These aren't your average Sunday afternoon/Monday morning quarterbacks, they actually put money down to say that they came to support their teams payroll so that they could really whine and cry when their team loses to the 6th seed in the AFC. 95% of these are people who vote just so they say that they can whine if the President doesn't do what THEY think should be done in the Middle-East. Gimme a break!

1/23/2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I agree with you Ry, it seems like we are only a few steps away from a fan, worried his team may lose, climbing into a bell tower overlooking the stadium with a high-powered rifle. I think my pop was that guy before the Steelers game=)

1/24/2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

update update update

how'd the join me event go?

2/09/2006 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home